Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's not a secret

One thing that has caught me off guard with this journey is how many people either ask my permission to "share my story" or apologize because they told someone about my cancer.  Please do not apologize if you have done this. I understand you were doing what you felt was right or appropriate.  Perhaps for another person, that would that would be the case--but for me, I am proud.  I know that sounds crazy.  I am proud to have cancer. It is not that I am happy I have cancer, it's that I am proud of the journey I am taking.  I am proud that I will kick cancers butt. I will go on and do many other things. And, yes there are days where I want to (or do) lay in bed all day crying.  But, there are days where despite feeling physically like crap, I feel more empowered then I have ever felt.  As I said in another post, I view this as the first time in my life that I will do something that is difficult. For the first time, I will look back and know I accomplished something, I survived something, I conquered cancer.  Nothing can take that away from me.  So, please scream it from the roof tops--tell everyone you know. I have cancer and I will beat it--

No comments:

Post a Comment